Membro dello Staff
- 9 Novembre 2012
è stata rilasciata la ventottesima release di Atmosphere NX 0.10.5 che porta con se numerosi cambiamenti a livello di programmazione:
Con Atmosphere 0.10.5 il fusee-primary è rimasto alla versione 0.10.4 e grazie al team di @switchbrew, il CFW Atmosphere 0.10.3 è sempre in bundle con hbl 2.3 e hbmenu 3.2.0!
VERSIONE 0.10.5: (in inglese)
- Changes were made to the way fs.mitm builds images when providing a layeredfs romfs.
- Building romfs metadata previously had a memory cost of about ~4-5x the file table size.
- This caused games that have particularly enormous file metadata tables (> 4 MB) to exhaust fs.mitm's 16 MB memory pool.
- The code that creates romfs images was thus changed to be significantly more memory efficient, again.
- Memory requirements have been lowered from ~4x file table size to ~2x file table size + 0.5 MB.
- There is a slight speed penalty to this, but testing on Football Manager 2020 only took an extra ~1.5 seconds for the game to boot with many modded files.
- This shouldn't be noticeable thanks to the async changes made in 0.10.2.
- If you encounter a game that exhausts ams.mitm's memory (crashing it) when loading layeredfs mods, please contact SciresM.
- Romfs building can be made even more memory efficient, but unless games show up with even more absurdly huge file tables it seems not worth the speed trade-off.
- A bug was fixed that caused Atmosphere's fatal error context to not dump TLS for certain processes.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
Atmosphere NX CFW 0.10.5